Acino is a Swiss pharmaceutical company, leader in advanced drug delivery technologies. We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region, and Latin America, and we operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust, and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort. We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
We are constantly expanding our market position with a future-oriented international business strategy. Therefore, we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to strengthen our Team team in Aesch, Baselland, Switzerland as
Procurement Lead External Manufacturing (m/f/d) 100%
Reporting directly to the Head Strategic Procurement, the candidate will be part of the Global Procurement Team and take responsibility for development and deployment of partnership strategies with External Manufacturers (CMOs). In this role, she or he will have the following major accountabilities:
- Develop, consolidate and influence the global strategy for partnerships and collaboration with External Manufacturing partners;
- Ensure that the strategy is connected with the internal stakeholders (Supply & Planning, Quality, Business development, Commercial organizations, EHS (Environment, Health and Safety));
- Manage the relationships for a portfolio of global External Manufacturing partners;
- Develop guidance and provide support for the third parties managed locally in the regions;
- Lead BRM (Business Review Meetings) with third parties, encompassing performance reviews as well as mid to long term manufacturing capacity requirements;
- Take part in M&A projects supporting due diligence, integration, make or buy decisions and overall execution of the M&A activities;
- Perform cost analyses, make vs. buy analyses and use decision analysis tools to determine and propose best external manufacturing alternatives;
- Lead negotiations for Supply and Manufacturing Agreements;
- Identify opportunities for process and cost optimization in cooperation with internal stakeholders;
- Contribute to target setting and be responsible for achieving year-on-year cost reductions and supply performance targets (OTIF, inventory level and back orders);
- Deliver on the financial commitments related to respective suppliers;
- Prepare monthly reporting figures on supplier performance, risk management and spend/savings reports.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic procurement in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in sourcing of External Manufacturing services and managing CMOs is a must;
- Experience in post-merger integration of External Manufacturing activities;
- Knowledge of GMP practices, regulatory affairs and change management;
- Understanding of business processes within pharmaceutical operations;
- Experience in strategy development and execution;
- Experience in negotiation of supply agreements;
- Ability to work in a complex environment and under tight timelines;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a cross-functional team, be a good team-player;
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system;
- Good communication skills in English. German is a plus.
We offer a very attractive working environment within a highly motivated team with excellent working conditions. You can expect the following benefits:
- A job in a crisis-proof pharmaceutical company
- An international working environment in a constantly growing company
- A quality and customer-oriented environment
- A motivated, agile and service-oriented team
- Interesting and highly diversified tasks that provide a broad basis for your future career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Attractive salary
- Flexible working hours (possibility of home office)
This is the opportunity to join a very dynamic organization, where decisions are taken fast and where you can actively participate in shaping our future. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear more about you!
Please apply via our HR system here.
Note that only direct applications via our HR system (follow the link above) will be considered.